4 Questions to Ask About Stem Cell Therapy
If you want to heal in a more natural way, come to Aegean Medical for our cell therapy! Our kind and compassionate professionals are experienced in treating a wide range of conditions and injuries with cell therapy and can help you heal better. Contact us for more information or schedule an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 2111 Neuse Blvd Suite J, New Bern, NC 28560.
Table of Contents:
The human body has amazing regenerative properties; each cell is programmed to self-repair and rejuvenate. This is seen when a wound heals or a sunburn abates: we are not telling our bodies to heal themselves, they just have an inherent ability to recover. Cellular therapy has the incredible potential to utilize this innate restorative power, allowing the body to heal in ways previously unknown. This therapy is often used in place of interventional treatments, like surgery, which can do more damage than good.
Our bodies have an amazing capacity to heal themselves, however, this process can sometimes fall short or remain otherwise incomplete. Joints wear down, the cartilage becomes lost, and tendons and ligaments can become torn and fail to heal completely, which is oftentimes due to limited blood supply to the damaged tissue. By injecting powerful healing agents like Platelet Rich Plasma and cells directly into the site of the injured tissue, certain therapies can assist the body in repairing itself. By regenerating new tissue in a natural way, these therapies restart and maximize the body’s natural healing processes. Cell therapy is used to treat:
• Knee pain
• Hip pain
• Shoulder pain
• Elbow pain
• Ankle pain
• Heel or foot pain
It is also used when patients want to avoid surgical procedures, offering a more natural, less invasive treatment.
Cell therapy aims to treat, prevent, or potentially cure diseases, and has the potential to alleviate the underlying cause of both genetic and acquired diseases. Cell therapy focuses on treating diseases by restoring or altering certain sets of cells. With cell therapy, before being injected into the patient, cells are cultivated or modified outside the body. The cells may originate from the patient (known as autologous) or a donor (known as allogeneic).
Good candidates for cell therapy are:
• Patients who have chronic pain
• Patients with joint, bursa, tendon, or ligament problems
• Patients considering surgery
• Patients who want to avoid surgery
• Patients who want to heal naturally
There are many benefits that cell therapy provides, including:
• Can Treat Cardiovascular Diseases — Cardiovascular illnesses can cause the formation of scar tissue which deprives the heart tissue of oxygen and alters blood pressure or blood flow.
• Helps Heal Incisions and Wounds — Studies have discovered that cell therapy can help enhance collagen production, promote the growth of new healthy skin tissue, help substitute scar tissue with newly developed healthy tissue and stimulate hair development after incisions or loss.
• Can Treat Neurodegenerative Diseases — Current progress in the treatment of neurodegenerative illnesses reveal that cell therapy can promote the formation of new brain neurons, cells, and synapses after cognitive degeneration or brain injuries.
• Can Treat Autoimmune Diseases — Cell therapy for autoimmune illnesses is a new option for people living with severe and debilitating conditions like lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. When a person’s immune system attacks its own tissues, cells and organs, autoimmune diseases arise.
• Can Treat Orthopedic Conditions — Cell therapy can also help those experiencing the discomfort associated with orthopedic conditions, including sports-related injuries and spinal degeneration.
If you want to heal in a more natural way, come to Aegean Medical for our cell therapy! Our kind and compassionate professionals are experienced in treating a wide range of conditions and injuries with cell therapy and can help you heal better. Call us today to book an appointment, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 2111 Neuse Blvd, Suite J, New Bern, NC 28560. Our office is open four days a week: Tues – Fri 9:00am – 6:00pm . We look forward to serving you! We serve clients from New Bern NC, Hymans NC, River Bend NC, Brices Creek NC, Fairfield Harbour NC, and Neuse Forest.