Morpheus8 Treatment After Care by Aegean Medical in New Bern NC
Morhpeus8 is a new and sought-after treatment that utilizes radiofrequency to contour the face and penetrate the skin and fat to provide a smoother, youthful, and more radiant appearance. Contact us today at Aegean Medical for more information or schedule an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 2111 Neuse Blvd Suite J, New Bern, NC 28560.
Table of Contents:
Often, once your treatment has commenced with any Morpehus8 specialists, they will provide you with instructions on how to take care of your skin. Post-treatment after a Morpheus8 treatment will change a bit throughout the healing process.
One week before your morpheus8 treatment:
• Discontinue using NSAIDs which include Aspirin, Naproxen, and Ibuprofen, we ask this as they can interfere with normal blood clotting. Check all of your medication labels for these active ingredients.
• You can take Tylenol for pain, but you cannot exceed 3000 mg/day
Three days before your morpheus8 treatment:
• Discontinue using any irritant topical products or treatments you may be using
• Any products like Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (low pH formula), Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Facial Scrub, or any ‘active’ skincare.
• No extended sun exposure on the area that is going to be treated, due is because treatment will not commence if you have a sunburn
Day of morpheus8 treatment:
• Do not use new lotion, oils, powder, or anything else on the treatment area, we do not want any irritants due to anything you may have used
Face and neck being treated
• Cleanse the face and neck
• Do not apply any makeup
• Pull back any long hair into a ponytail
After morpheus8 treatment:
• Clean the treated area with a soothing cleanser with lukewarm water and pat dry gently until the skin fully heals. Always ensure your hands are clean before touching the area. Try not to touch the area too often unless cleaning.
• Hydrate the area with a gentle moisturizer until it fully heals
• Makeup can be applied 2 days after your Morpheus8 treatment. It is highly recommended to clean the makeup brushes before using
• Protect the treated area for at least 24 hours after with an SPF30 or higher at all times when you are outside. You should be using sunscreen each day.
• Reapply sunscreen often as it helps to reduce your risk of skin cancer as well as fine lines, wrinkles and slows the process of aging.
We advise each one of our clients that they avoid exercising or participating in strenuous activity for at least 24 hours post-treatment. Sweating and gyms can be harmful to the treated area due to the copious amounts of bacteria which can cause adverse reactions.
After 24 hours, slowly transition back into exercising or activities that can cause copious amounts of sweat. If reactions begin to occur, clean the treated area, and wait until the reactions subside.
Some clients may experience side effects from the Morpheus8 treatment like redness and inflammation. If you follow the aftercare guidelines, you should feel comfortable, and notice beautiful skin faster.
If you start to notice micro scabs on the treatment area from the Morpheus8 treatment, do not pick, exfoliate or run the area, as it can cause scarring or issues with hyperpigmentation.
It is best if you avoid exfoliating with products, or tools until the treated area has fully healed. If you exfoliate too soon, it can cause issues.
We highly recommend that you stay away from makeup products for at least 48 hours (2 days) after your Morpheus8 treatment. This is to allow the skin to calm down and heal before applying cosmetics like makeup to the skin.
It is highly recommended you clean the makeup brushes before applying makeup, as this will rid any bacteria that may be on the brushes.
If you are interested in a Morpheus8 treatment, and the benefits it can provide to your face and other areas of the body, contact Aegean Medical today! We serve patients from New Bern NC, Hymans NC, River Bend NC, Brices Creek NC, Fairfield Harbour NC, and Neuse Forest.