What is Recovery with Morpheus8 Like?
Aegean Medical is proud to offer top-quality treatments like our anti-aging Morpheus8 treatment. Call us today for more information or schedule an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 2111 Neuse Blvd suite j, New Bern, NC 28560.
Table of Contents:
It is best to follow the aftercare instructions provided to you, as well as what can maximize the results from your Morpheus8 treatment.
Keep your hands off the treatment area unless you have cleaned them to ensure bacteria do not get into the treatment area.
To maximize the results of your Morpheus8 treatment, you can do the following:
Clean the treated area with a gentle facial cleanser that is soothing with lukewarm water. Pat dry the treated area until it completely heals.
Use a soothing and gentle moisturizer on the treatment area until the treated area is completely healed.
You can apply makeup 48 hours after your Morpheus8 treatment. It is highly recommended you use clean makeup brushes to apply your makeup.
Use a high SPF sunscreen (30+) at all times whenever you are outside.
Consistently reapply sunscreen when you are outside to reduce your risk of skin cancer and other issues, including aging concerns like wrinkles, fine lines, and sunspots.
While everyone will have different recovery times after their Morpheus8 treatment, it will greatly depend if they follow the day-to-day care instructions enlisted to them at the time of their appointment. Generally, clients will take 3 to 5 days for recovery; this includes resting and following instructions. The reason why the recovery period is so quick is due to its non-invasive, non-surgical approach.
Our morpheus8 specialists will provide day-by-day instructions upon you booking your Morpheus8 appointment. You will also be provided a different set of instructions upon the completion of your Morpheus8 treatment.
One week before your morpheus8 treatment, we ask:
• You stop using any NSAIDs, NSAIDs include Naproxen, Aspirin, and Ibuprofen, these can interfere with the normal blood clotting process that occurs in the body. Check all of your daily medication labels to make sure you do not have any active ingredients in them that can cause these issues.
• You can take Tylenol for any pain; however, you cannot go over 3000 mg/ day.
Three days before your morpheus8 treatment, we ask:
• Stop using any irritating topical products or treatments some of which include Vitamin C, Retinol (Vitamin A), Beta Hydroxy Acid, Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Facial scrubs, or other ‘active” skincare lines.
• Stop extended sun exposure, as this can cause issues to the treated area. If you have sunburn, we cannot continue with the treatment.
Day of your morpheus8 treatment, we ask:
• You shower as normal with an exception; do not use any new oils, lotions, powders, or other products on the treatment area, as we do not want any of these products to cause unnecessary irritations to the area
• Clean the face and neck area, do not apply makeup before the appointment if you are having your neck or face treatment, and pull back your hair into a ponytail so it is out of the way of any of the treatment areas (s).
After your morpheus8 treatment, it is best if you:
• Clean the treated area each day with products like soothing facial cleansers and lukewarm water. You will pat dry the area gently. Do this each day until the skin fully heals. Always ensure you have clean hands when cleaning the treated area, or touching the treated area in general.
• Hydrate the skin with gentle moisturizers, this will help with the healing process
• If you are wanting to apply makeup again, you can 2 days after your Morpheus8 treatment. It is highly recommended that you clean the brushes before using them, as this will help keep harmful bacteria off the treated area.
• Protect the skin with SPF30 or higher, find shade, and ensure you stay out of the sun when you can. •
• Reapply the sunscreen each day, multiple times a day to ensure
If you are interested in a Morpheus8 treatment, and the benefits it can provide to your face and other areas of the body, contact Aegean Medical today! We serve patients from New Bern NC, Hymans NC, River Bend NC, Brices Creek NC, Fairfield Harbour NC, and Neuse Forest.